[HubbardBrook] 2015 Hubbard Brook REU site announcement

Geoff Wilson gwilson at hbresearchfoundation.org
Thu Dec 11 15:12:26 EST 2014

Dear Hubbard Brook colleagues,

We're up and running for our 2015 REU program.  I have attached a 1-page flyer and we would greatly appreciate your help in advertising.

Please note that NSF funds these programs in part to make research experiences available to students who don't have as much access to research opportunities, and we are judged in part by our success at recruiting such students.  What this means for us is that we need good applicants from teaching-oriented schools, students who are the first in their family to attend college, and especially students from groups "under-represented in ecology" - defined by NSF as African-American, Hispanic, and Native-American students.

If you know any such students that you think will benefit from a summer at Hubbard Brook, please encourage them to apply and feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

-Geoff