[Trillian-users] One Node, One Proc Per Node Jobs

Joachim Raeder J.Raeder at unh.edu
Tue Dec 6 15:16:58 EST 2016

Core envy!

No, this is perfectly acceptable use.  There is a whole lot of legitimate uses for one core jobs.
We will definitely not micro manage that unless there is some abuse suspected.
I’m a whole lot more worried about people running 50 node jobs for days without checking
properly, and then have to throw away everything (or worse keep it  on the disk!), just because
we are so blessed and it costs nothing.  If anything, we have to change that.

—  Jimmy

Joachim (Jimmy) Raeder
Professor of Physics, Department of Physics & Space Science Center
University of New Hampshire
245G Morse Hall, 8 College Rd, Durham, NH 03824-3525
voice: 603-862-3412  mobile: 603-502-9505  assistant: 603-862-1431
e-mail: J.Raeder at unh.edu
WWW: http://mhd.sr.unh.edu/~jraeder/tmp.homepage