[Isocops] Questions for the ISOC

Joe Peterson joe at boulder.swri.edu
Thu Aug 12 14:48:00 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:22, Paul Janzen <paul.janzen at umontana.edu> wrote:

> 3 questions for the ISOC:
>
> (1) Do any of the extant ISOC computers/mirrors have the VCID2 from orbit
> 0088?  I notice that the sftp_driver logs at ena.bu start showing lots of
>    connect to host ftp.orbital-lsg.com port 22: Connection refused
> starting around 5 days ago, but since I don't look at this a lot I don't
> know if I should care.  Except that there's no data for last orbit at the
> ISOC that I know of yet.

Ken Fairchild and I have been setting up the new UNH and Boulder mirror
SOCs.  We also have seen trouble sftping at times and were wondering what is
going on.  It worked a few days ago.  We were actually wondering if the fact
that we are hitting it from several locations at once (albeit using
different logins, so I can't imagine why it would matter) could have
something to do with it.  I am not familiar enough with the Windows SFTP
server they are using to know.

(2) If I svn commit at ena.bu.edu these days, does it still make changes to
> the canonical tree?  Just wondering which way the syncing goes right now.
> I can hold off commits if that's required.

I'd wait for Ken to weigh in on this.  The Subversion archives are being
moved to UNH at some point soon, so the authoritative server will be there
(and not at BU) eventually, but I do not know the timing and/or the window
when we "should not commit".

-Joe

--
Joe Peterson                            Southwest Research Institute
Mission Operations                      Department of Space Operations