[Isocops] Questions for the ISOC

fair-play at comcast.net fair-play at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 15:11:03 EDT 2010

Paul (and all),

1) I noticed that the VCID2 hadn't been grabbed by either the UNH or BU machines and tried to look at the site manually. I had to contact Orbital because there was a problem with the site this morning. When I was able to login I found that the file isn't there. I was going to inquire about it but it looks like Chelle beat me to it. As Joe says, we've been seeing ugliness at the beginning of the SFTP sessions at times since we brought up the mirror machines. Our only guess is that the Orbital server doesn't like getting multiple almost concurrent login attempts. We're going to adjust the times on the different machines to see if that makes a difference.

2) Although I am starting to work on moving the SVN repositories to the UNH machine, for now you can and should continue to commit on the BU machine. We (probably Nathan) will announce when we are going to do the official move to the UNH server. My intent is to give some notice so any outstanding commits can be done. Then we'll have some quiet time until the repositories are available again.

3) I can't speak for others but I'd like to be on the list just so I know what is going on. I'm sure Mark will want to be included too. In general, I'd rather get more information than less.

Ken