[HubbardBrookCOS] Invitation: Hubbard Brook COS meeting April 2017

John BATTLES jbattles at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 21 09:27:36 EDT 2017

Dear Hubbard Brook COS members:

Please find attached the draft agenda for the upcoming April 19, 2017 COS
meeting. The overall theme of the meeting is "*Resilience: Theory and
Measurement at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest.*" There will be a
brief overview of ideas regarding ecological resilience and how it might
inform our understanding of the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem. However the main
goal is to foster discussion among the community of scientists.

Toward that end we have planned break-out groups to explore the dimensions
and meanings of resilience. We have also listed questions specific to
Hubbard Brook research that are related to the idea of resilience. If you
have questions or topics of interest, please send them along and we will
include them in an updated agenda.

Please RSVP using the link below regarding you plans for the April 19, 2017
COS meeting. Housing information at the Cary Institute follows.

RSVP link:   https://goo.gl/zF3Btg <https://goo.gl/zF3Btg>

Limited rental housing is available at the Cary Institute for the Hubbard
Brook COS meeting.  To request housing, please fill out and submit the
on-line form (https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/51685274384969 ), listing
Gary Lovett as the host.  If you have questions about housing, please
contact Cassandra Harrison at harrisonc at caryinstitute.org .

Thanks. We are looking forward to an interesting and productive discussion

John Battles and Peter Groffman

--
John J. Battles
UC Berkeley