[HubbardBrookCOS] Graduate student assistance for LTER Science Council meeting

Gary Lovett lovettg at caryinstitute.org
Fri Mar 17 15:04:41 EDT 2017

Dear Hubbard Brook Colleagues:

The LTER Science Council, a group of about 70 people from all LTER sites,
will be meeting at Hubbard Brook from May 16-19.  The science theme for
this meeting is “disturbance,” so we are excited to be hosting it at
Hubbard Brook.  This will only require participation by only a few HB
scientists, and I will contact you individually if we would like you to
attend.

We would like to have 4-5 graduate students attend the meeting to help with
the logistics.  The types of activities we have in mind for these students
are: set-up and take-down of tables and chairs, running AV equipment, and
shuttling people in vans.  In exchange, the students would be able to meet
LTER scientists from all the sites, hear the presentations on disturbance
research at the sites, and participate in meals and the field trip.

If you have a grad student working at Hubbard Brook who you think would be
a good candidate to do this, please check with the student and then send me
the student’s name and email address.  The organizing committee will choose
4 or 5 students and contact them directly.

Please let me know within a week if you have a candidate student.

Thanks!

Gary

*Gary M. Lovett*

Senior Scientist