[HubbardBrookCOS] Hubbard Brook Celebrates 60 Years of Research and Discovery

Rustad, Lindsey -FS lrustad at fs.fed.us
Tue Sep 15 20:39:55 EDT 2015

Dear Hubbard Brook COS,
Please join me in wishing the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest a warm 60th Anniversary!   We are celebrating with an Open House on Saturday, October 10, 2015 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.  We will offer tours, activities, book signings, exhibits, music, art, and FREE FOOD.  The schedule is below; a flyer and program are attached, and  updated information is available at: http://hubbardbrook.org/events/HBEF60th/.

Anyone who wants to volunteer to help out should contact me.  All volunteers get FREE 60th t-shirts!

If you are planning to come, and can let us know, that will help our planning for food and parking!  Invite your friends and family!

Hope to see many of you there!

Lindsey Rustad and Friends and Family of Hubbard Brook

When:  Saturday, October 10th, 2015
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Place:  Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, 234 Mirror Lake Road, Woodstock NH
Schedule:

v 10:00 to 11:30 - Forest Tours, Tree Climbing, Talk-to-a-Scientist, Children's Games, Book Signings, Arts, and Music

v 11:30 to Noon - Celebration Speakers
Dr. John Brissette (Assistant Director, Northern Research Station): The Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest as a 'Gem' of USDA Forest Service R&D
Dr. Gene Likens (President Emeritus, Cary Institute for Ecosystem Studies): The Contributions of the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest to Ecosystem Science
Dr. Kathy Fallon Lambert (Director, Science Policy Exchange, Harvard University): The Contributions of the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest to Science Policy and the Public
Xavier Cortada (Artist, Florida International University): Presentation of Artwork - Hubbard Brook 60th Commemorative Banner

v Noon to 12:30 - Barbeque and Birthday Cake

v 12:30 to 2:00 - Forest Tours, Tree Climbing, Talk-to-a-Scientist, Children's Games, Book Signings, Arts, and Music

[Forest Service Shield]

Lindsey Rustad, PhD
Research Ecologist

Forest Service