[Zaphod-Users] Learning Linux, bash, and subversion

burlen burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Sun Jan 27 12:32:35 EST 2008

Here are some more/less technically oriented resources which may/may not
help beginner's boot strap into HPC:

Upgrading to Fortran 90, Redwine, 1995
MPI The Complete Reference, Snir et al, 1996
Using MPI, Gropp, Lusk & Skjellum, 1999
SIMD Programing Manual for Linux and Windows, Cockshot & Renfrew, 2004
GCC online documentation, free online
Parallel Programming in OpenMP, Chandra et al, 1990
A Programmers Companion to Algorithm Analysis, Leiss, 2007
STL Tutorial and Reference Guide, Mursser, 2001
Large-Scale C++ Software Design, Lakos, 1996
*, Scott Meyers, *(anything and everything written by this guy is worth
reading)

and for those who know absolutely nothing:
Programming with Gnu Software, Loukides & Oram, 1997

I'd say all of these are worth at least a terse read, after which, at
the very least you know what's out there and where to go for more info.

Burlen