[Trillian-users] One Node, One Proc Per Node Jobs

Robert Anderson rea at sr.unh.edu
Tue Dec 6 17:54:56 EST 2016

Just wanted to point out that at least one software package is not
being reported correctly.  The NAMD package is being reported as a
running on a single core, which is most likely a batch queuing
error on my application script.  The code does run one process on the
node but that process is multi-cored and heavily utilizes all of the
nodes CPU resources.

The performance clearly indicates full utilization, so I haven't been
quick to spend time working out the clerical error in the batch
system.   Perhaps there are reasons why fixing this should have a higher
priority.

Just adding a data point, not really trying to defend my laziness.  :)