[Shine-participants] Request for Information - Available Post-doc Positions

Wallace, Samantha (GSFC-671.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] samantha.wallace at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 21 10:40:30 EDT 2020

Dear SHINE Community,

In light of the SHINE workshop's unfortunate cancellation, the Student Representatives have been exploring alternative ways to both connect with and support SHINE students.  Chief among the opportunities missed without our annual gathering is networking between prospective post-docs and those with available positions.  In response, we are laying the groundwork for a Virtual Post-Doctoral Application Workshop in late August or early September, 2020 and are working to recruit representatives from the prominent programs that Heliophysics students often apply to.  Our goal is to have them give a brief overview of the program they represent, including the application process and program benefits, and then answer written questions in real time from attending students.

We are asking for your help!  If your organization will be looking to hire a post-doc, or you hear of a job opportunity that is compatible with a recent Heliophysics grad's level of experience, could you please forward this information to shine.student.reps at gmail.com<mailto:shine.student.reps at gmail.com>? We plan to release a curated list of opportunities to the students a couple of weeks ahead of the event. Your contributions will be of immense help in connecting SHINE students to available positions at a time when in-person networking is not an option.

We appreciate the tremendous amount of student support that the NSF and the SHINE community provide.  Thank you!

Regards,
Samantha Wallace and Christopher Bert
SHINE Student Representatives