[premise-users] Premise Lustre rebuild is still going, now restoring mysql.

Robert Anderson Robert.E.Anderson at unh.edu
Fri Sep 9 01:25:51 EDT 2022

The mgmt volume was rebuilt and the file system check cleaned it up.

We are currently left with the first issue we resolved back in May.
There is a mysql database containing configurations that has been
corrupted.  We have a backup of that DB that we restored in May to
resolve it then.  The database is too damaged this time to get a new
dump, but the May configuration should be the same, and is currently
being restored.  The restore has been running to 2 hours now and we
just don't know how long it takes.

Leaving it to complete this restore overnight.  We will continue
pressing forward in the morning.  Last time we ran into expired CERTs
next, but those appear to still be valid, so we don't expect to
encounter that problem again.  Will report more in the morning once the
restore completes and we can re-orient to the current state.

--
Robert E. Anderson / UNH Research Computing Center / Data Center
Opperations