[premise-users] HELP -- Installing Python packages

Sivakumar, Adhithiya as1751 at wildcats.unh.edu
Fri Jul 31 10:52:05 EDT 2020

Hi,

I apologize if what follow are naive questions -- this is my first time using premise, and I want to make sure I don't do anything irreparable. What I'm trying to do is install dedalus, a python package used to solve PDEs, so that I can run code which is written using the package. My questions are as follows:

  1.  In order to install dedalus and make sure it is available to all the nodes I intend to use, would it be fine if I just executed this installation script<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DedalusProject/dedalus/master/docs/install.sh> from my login node?

  2.  Would it be feasible for me to install dedalus in a conda environment, again from my login node, as described here<https://dedalus-project.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html>?

Thank you,
Adhithya Sivakumar