[Nessc] NESSC meeting - BC Newton; April 17

David Webb david.webb at bc.edu
Tue Apr 8 16:13:36 EDT 2014

All,

We will have our next NESSC meeting Thursday, April 17 at the new Institute for Scientific Research (ISR) facility and conference room at the Boston College, Newton Campus.  Attached are the BC-Newton campus map and written directions. Be sure to park only in white-lined spaces. There are no classes this day so there should be plenty of parking. The meeting location is at the walking entrance shown at Kenny Cottle Hall.

The general topic is the Cycle 24 Mini Maximum with discussions on  the peculiarity of our cycle and its implications in terms of solar activity, solar wind, magnetic field (both solar and heliospheric), solar energetic particles, galactic cosmic rays and possibly geomagnetic impacts. The local organizer is Dave Webb and the organizing committee is Nathan Schwadron <n.schwadron at unh.edu>, Chuck Smith <Charles.Smith at unh.edu>, Merav Opher <mopher at bu.edu>, David Webb <david.webb at bc.edu>, John Raymond <raymond at cfa.harvard.edu>, and Nick Murphy <namurphy at cfa.harvard.edu>.

Please email us if you are interested in presenting a talk with a title or topic. The attached agenda shows the talks we know about so far; consider this a final call for talks.

Regards,
Dave Webb
NSSEC LOC