[Nessc] NESSC Meeting October 8: Decadel Survey Northeast Regions Townhall;

Nathan Schwadron nschwadron at guero.sr.unh.edu
Wed Sep 15 12:11:52 EDT 2010

Hi All

Although arrangements for the meeting are still developing, we are planning to have a townhall meeting on October 8 at the University of New Hampshire in preparation for the Heliophysics Decadel Survey. The Decadel Survey is an extremely important planning activity in our field and will guide our activities in Heliophysics for the next decade and beyond. Information about town hall meetings and the Decadel Survey are posted on the following website (http://tinyurl.com/27n47gj).

We will also take the opportunity to discuss the possibility of a NESSC summer school in 2011. Tentatively, the summer school would focus on fundamental physical processes in heliophysics such as magnetic reconnection. However, the discussion at the meeting will be quite open and we aim to have a very broad initial discussion for the focus and organization of a summer school.

In the future, I will send out more details about the meeting as the arrangements are firmed up.

Cheers

Nathan

Nathan Schwadron
University of New Hampshire