[Isocops] IBEX Goat Herder for Oct 7 - 9, 2023

Perry, Timothy E [US] (SP) Timothy.Perry at ngc.com
Mon Oct 9 15:37:57 EDT 2023

    During the apogee contact I noticed that the star tracker had not fully recovered from the long outage. Tracker percent valid should have been @80%. Instead, it was in the range of 48% to 58%. During the perigee contacts we tried to power cycle the star tracker to correct the problem. The power cycle was not successful in correcting the anomalous condition. We have planned to do another star tracker image dump on the next set of perigee contacts. The AUWA01 contact has been rescheduled for 1.5 hours on 17 Oct 23 to perform the image dump.
    For the next few orbits, we will be changing the inertial maneuvers to sun maneuvers. Once we better understand the issue with the star tracker, we will make the determination as to whether we will resume scheduling inertial maneuvers.  The ATS for orbit 623 was deleted from the spacecraft and a version 2 with a perigee sun maneuver was uplinked.  We will do the same with the Orbit 624 ATS.

Tasks Accomplished:
SSR Dump -> Dump New
Reset FDC Totals
Reset Master Timer
CAR# 1343 Orbit 624 ATS Upload
   IBEX_2023_281_o0624a_v001
CAR# 1345 Orbit 623 ATS Upload version 2
   IBEX_2023_272_o0623a_v002
Ops_ACS_Tracker_off.scr
Ops_ACS_Tracker_on.scr

Results from the Sun Maneuver: