[Isocops] IBEX Goat Herder for July 19 & 20 2023

Perry, Timothy E [US] (SP) Timothy.Perry at ngc.com
Thu Jul 20 09:04:17 EDT 2023

All,

   The first contact was failed due to a high error rate for both VCID0 & VCID2 data. I did schedule up some extra contacts for the next orbit to try and recover some of the lost data from today's contact.  The new contacts will be posted below this message. The contact had to be cut short due to power constraints. The contact was originally scheduled to run prior to the beginning of the planned inertial maneuver. Since we lost the dump contact on the last orbit, this contact was extended for an extra hour. Unfortunately, this meant that we would be in communications during the turn on of the cat bed heaters. This was too much for the battery to handle. During second hour the cat bed heaters turned on and power started to drop. The transmitter was turned off @16:07:29 GMT to conserve power. The next orbit's view period for high rate down link is a lot longer than this orbit. The plan is to schedule a couple contacts to recover the lost data.

    At AOS it was noted that the star tracker had reset in the back orbit. The latch errors and FDC totals were reset and the star tracker in operating nominally.

    The second contact and the perigee inertial maneuver were successful. During the contact I was able to dump the flight computer back orbit data. The Orbit 616 ATS was uplinked.

Here are the additional contacts for Orbit 615 SSR Dumps:

IBEX,USHI02,ADD,07/28/23,209,11:00:00,07/28/23,209,12:00:00,LAHO 160K Orbit# 615 SSR_Dump/Tracking Contact 17.5re Desc

IBEX,USHI02,ADD,07/28/23,209,15:30:00,07/28/23,209,16:30:00,LAHO 160K Orbit# 615 SSR_Dump/Tracking Contact 15re Desc

This contact has been extended for 30 minutes.

IBEX,AUWA01,ADD,07/28/23,209,19:30:00,07/28/23,209,21:00:00,LAHO 160K IBEX-3 Orbit# 615 SSR_Dump/Tracking Contact 12.5re Desc

Tasks Accomplished:

SSR Dump -> Dump New

Dumped FC Back Orbit Data

CAR # 344 Reset FDC Totals and Reset Response Latch Values

CAR #1330 Orbit 616 ATS Uplink

Reset Master Timer

Results from the Inertial Maneuver:
Q1 -0.25042400 ActNor.EstInrToBdy[0]