[Isocops] Possible network issue at UNH

Joe Peterson joe at boulder.swri.edu
Sun Mar 20 15:01:08 EDT 2011

During the problem, you may want to do a traceroute (or tracepath) to
the UNH system.  That may tell you which router in the path (and
therefore if the problem is at UNH or somewhere before UNH) is the
problem.  Could be that someone replaced a router or changed its
configuration.

-Joe

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:55,  <fair-play at comcast.net> wrote:
> All,
> I've been having problems with my SSH sessions at UNH since Friday night.
>  Fairly regularly the sessions freeze then I appear to be blacklisted for 30
> minutes - if I try to SSH I get "Operation timed out" and if I ping a system
> I get "Communication prohibited by filter."  I assume that a change was
> recently made because I've never seen this behavior before.  I have reported
> the problem but assume no corrective action will be taken until tomorrow.  I
> hope you haven't encountered this problem but wanted to let everyone know
> just in case.
> Ken
>
> Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.

Joe Peterson                            Southwest Research Institute
Mission Operations                      Department of Space Operations
303-546-9677                            1050 Walnut Street, Suite 300
joe at boulder.swri.edu                    Boulder, CO  80302