[Isocops] Possible network issue at UNH

fair-play at comcast.net fair-play at comcast.net
Sun Mar 20 14:55:16 EDT 2011

All,

I've been having problems with my SSH sessions at UNH since Friday night. Fairly regularly the sessions freeze then I appear to be blacklisted for 30 minutes - if I try to SSH I get "Operation timed out" and if I ping a system I get "Communication prohibited by filter." I assume that a change was recently made because I've never seen this behavior before. I have reported the problem but assume no corrective action will be taken until tomorrow. I hope you haven't encountered this problem but wanted to let everyone know just in case.

Ken