[Isocops] [Ibexops] IBEX AUWA Contact DOY 330 @ 1300 UTC

Steve Montgomery smont at uspacenet.com
Fri Nov 26 11:29:39 EST 2010

Last week (on or about Wednesday 17th Nov)  we did remove two Enertec-3801 units that we were hosting for one of our customers.  An Enertec 3801 is similar to a cortex.  it does commanding, telemetry, and raniging.

These units did use IRIG-B for station timing and the 5-MHz station reference.  Each of these signals was disconnected form the removed units and the associated signal source ports were terminated with 50-ohm loads, per standard practice.

None of this should have affected the Doppler measurement performance on IBEX.  The IBEX support equipment connections remained unchanged.   The distribution amplifiers that carry the IRIG-B adn 5-MHz signalling are common to the IBEX equipment and the removed equipemnt, but it seems unlikely that the equpment remvoal would have caused any changed to the IBEX measurments.

I just wanted to let you know that there was a change to the station, but I don't suspect, nor understand, why such a change would have had any impact on IBEX.  Nothing was changed to the source of the 5MHz reference or the IRIG-B signaling.  That all comes from the GPS recevier via distribution amps to the cortex equipment.   None of the changes made would have impacted the 5MHz freqeuncy stability or the IRIG-B timing stabiltiy.

Regards,

Steve