[Isocops] [Isocdev] FW: New background and flux estimation for IBEX HI data

DeMajistre, Bob Bob.DeMajistre at jhuapl.edu
Mon Jun 28 14:30:31 EDT 2010

------ Forwarded Message
From: Bob DeMajistre <Bob.DeMajistre at jhuapl.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:43:13 -0400
To: "Roelof, Ed" <Edmond.Roelof at jhuapl.edu>, Michael Gruntman <mikeg at usc.edu>, Herb Funsten <hfunsten at lanl.gov>, Paul Janzen <paul.janzen at umontana.edu>, Dan Reisenfeld <dan.reisenfeld at umontana.edu>, Nathan Schwadron <nathanas at bu.edu>
Subject: New background and flux estimation for IBEX HI data

All,

I’ve made substantial progress on using data from the various maps to leverage the CG effect to determine the background. I’ve enclosed several plots showing the results and a power point that gives a quick tour of the plot sets.

I’ve basically been able to fit the data from all three maps to a flux distribution and an isotropic background for each orbit. The fits look very good, and they take care of a lot of the background effects that the CG correction effects amplify. The way I put together the software, I can extend this analysis to time dependence and non-isotropic backgrounds. At this point, however, the results look good without introducing those complications.

This is certainly something I’d like to present at the next Science Team meeting, and if everything looks good we can get it into the ISOC processing. Perhaps we should do a HI telecon when Mike comes back and when everyone else is available.

Let me know what you think.
Bob

------ End of Forwarded Message