[Isocops] [Ibexops] IBEX AUWA Contact DOY 177 @ 1500 UTC

Lisa Policastri lisa at applieddefense.com
Mon Jun 28 13:33:51 EDT 2010

I'd like to clarify, that upon further inspection, the tracking measurements
we received from USN look good themselves from this contact, but it is our
quality checks that are failing when using those measurements for OD.  This
is very likely due to the contact being at a low altitude; we try to avoid
relying on tracking data from the perigee region, but the contact was moved
to take place during this time due to a LEOP bump.  It was originally
scheduled later where the spacecraft would have been ascending out of the
perigee region.

Lisa Policastri

IBEX Flight Dynamics Lead

Applied Defense Solutions