[Isocops] Backups

fair-play at comcast.net fair-play at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 14:45:51 EDT 2010

All,

The backups done by RCC are full backups once a week with incrementals daily. The charge is $1.50/Gb.

At the moment they have no capacity for additional backups. I'm sure they will add extra capacity (I can probably even try to expedite that).

However, at the moment the backups are all done and retained in the computer room. That means that the backups will be in the same room as the machines. This probably isn't the best scenario if we want some insurance against a problem in the room itself.

Evidently they are thinking of developing a small scale backup capability at a UNH building about a mile away but there's no estimate of when that might be done. They also use a third-party, Crashplan, for backup of one system. I have no idea if that would be an option for us.

Ken