[Isocops] Orbit 086 inertial maneuver

Mark Tapley mtapley at swri.edu
Fri Jul 9 16:53:54 EDT 2010

All,
	talked to Lisa and Ryan at AD.

1) Lisa didn't get the ATS email, even though it was also directed to
IBEX.fdg at applieddefense.com.

2) Lisa (cell 443-388-0526) and Ryan L. (410-251-0954) agreed that
the "outage" was not likely to affect the maneuver. The limits they
have are conservative, and seem to reflect actual flight experience
reasonably closely. Further, the manuever starts in 100% coverage,
when it could start (theoretically) down to 50%.

3) The end of the preceding outage is due to the Moon, not the Earth.
As the maneuver progresses, IBEX will turn so as to bring the Moon
*back* toward the star tracker FOV, so that by the end of the
maneuver, we will be back to 98% coverage. This however has good
margin to what we need to complete the maneuver, so we expect no
problems.

4) Talked to Tim P. at Orbital. He'll draft up a provisional CAR, so
that if 2 and 3 above turn out to be wrong and the maneuver does not
complete, we can discover that at the immediately succeeding ground
contact and upload commands cancelling the ASCENDING macros on the
next ascent.

	I think that means the star tracker outage situation is
acceptable with the ATS as given.
--
						- Mark     210-379-4635