[Isocops] [Ibexops] IBEX USHI Contact DOY 322 @ 0830 UTC

Tim Perry Perry.Tim at orbital.com
Wed Dec 1 13:45:57 EST 2010

So... Are we calling this support a failure?

Timothy E. Perry
IBEX, GEMS Mission Ops Lead
Orbital Sciences Corp
Space Systems Group
Office: (703) 406-5976
Cell: (301) 606-1430
perry.tim at orbital.com

  From:       Lisa Policastri <lisa at applieddefense.com>

  To:         "'Marissa Intelisano'" <mintelisano at applieddefense.com>, "'IBEX FDG'" <ibex.fdg at applieddefense.com>, "'IBEXOPS/BU IBEX-Ops'"
              "'Sheral Wesley'" <wesley.sheral at orbital.com>, "'Tim Perry'" <perry.tim at orbital.com>, "'Michelle Reno'" <mreno at swri.edu>,
              <jscherrer at swri.edu>, "'lockwood.robert'" <Lockwood.Robert at orbital.com>, "'Steve Montgomery'" <smont at uspacenet.com>

  Date:       12/01/2010 11:25 AM

  Subject:    RE: IBEX USHI Contact DOY 322 @ 0830 UTC

Upon further evaluation of the contacts from the previous orbits, the data
from the Hawaii-1 contact on DOY 322 @ 0830 UTC is giving us problems.
Once we evaluated the high speed data it became apparent that the Doppler
from this contact showed an abnormal bias, and the data is being rejected.
If you recall I mentioned some of our quality checks were showing slight
inconsistencies on Friday (after the Australia data was brought in, so my
initial thoughts were it may be something with the Australia tracking).
Upon further evaluation, the Australia data we believe is fine, but it was
this Hawaii-1 data afterall that is inconsistent.

Yesterday Marissa provided all new products based on our solution and
predict that excludes tracking from this particular contact.
Let me know if you would like any additional information.

Lisa Policastri
IBEX Flight Dynamics Lead
Applied Defense Solutions
lisa at applieddefense.com