[HubbardBrookISE] three papers on global change manipulations

Rustad, Lindsey -FS lrustad at fs.fed.us
Sun Apr 17 09:04:34 EDT 2016

Hi All,
I am just returning from presenting our work at a meeting in Florence, Italy on :
After the extreme:  Measuring and modeling impacts on terrestrial ecosystems
when thresholds are exceeded.  It roused lots of interest, especially from participants from countries which also experience ice storms (Switzerland, Hungary, Sweden).  It might be useful to think submitting an NSF workshop proposal to convene an international workshop on extreme winter weather event impacts..

Following the meeting, we received the email below with the attached two papers. I am forward them to all of you in case you have not already read them!  I also include a paper from an earlier meeting that we did many years ago with similar discussions on the value of integrating experiments, models and long term observations in a unified experimental design, as we have in the Ice Storm project.

Best and Ciao!

Lindsey