[HubbardBrookCOS] Are you interested in participating in the SEEDs field trip 28-29 October? RSVP by 8/17

Pardo, Linda -FS linda.pardo at usda.gov
Fri Aug 5 18:32:13 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues:

We are preparing for the SEEDs National field trip https://www.esa.org/seeds/field-trip/national-field-trip/  to be held at Hubbard Brook 27-30 October. We are trying to assemble a diverse group of scientists to receive them at HB-in terms of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, career stage, career path, research area, etc. There will be a career panel on Friday and some introductory talks focusing on research at HB on Friday, 10/28, or Saturday, 10/29.

Since the students will go out into the field to collect some data which they will work up over the weekend, an emphasis on observational science will be most appropriate (along with some more general background about the site). (Frankly, I don't quite see how they get enough information to formulate research questions from a couple hours' worth of introduction to the research at the site-but that is where you all come in...)
In addition to people participating in the introductory talks, SEEDS encourages others to be around and available for interaction with the students over the weekend.

Please let me know if you are interested participating, so that we can compose a diverse and balanced group to represent the site-and indicate whether you are available on Friday or Saturday or either day.

Please reply by 8/17 to let me know If you are interested.

Thanks,

Linda

[Forest Service Shield]
Linda H. Pardo, PhD
Environmental Engineer
Forest Service
Northern Research Station
p: 802-656-1712
f: 802-656-8683
linda.pardo at usda.gov<mailto:linda.pardo at usda.gov>
81 Carrigan Dr., UVM Aiken Center, Room 204C
Burlington, VT 05401
www.fs.fed.us<https://www.fs.fed.us/>
[USDA Logo]<https://usda.gov/>[Forest Service Twitter]<https://twitter.com/forestservice>[USDA Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Forest-Service/1431984283714112>
Caring for the land and serving people