[HubbardBrookCOS] FW: Step-Up: Bystander Intervention training sign up, RSVP by 5/14

Pardo, Linda -FS linda.pardo at usda.gov
Mon May 10 09:01:58 EDT 2021

Dear Associates:

We are offering Step-Up Bystander Intervention training via Teams on Wed, 6/2 3-6 pm ET and Wed 6/9, 3-6 pm ET. The training is in two 3-hour session. Please sign up only if you can attend both sessions.

There are 25 slots for the training. We are trying to prioritize both people who will be on site this summer and grad students. We will create a waiting list if there are more people who wish to participate than there are slots.

If you would like to attend the training, please reply to me by Fri 5/14.

Thanks,

Linda Pardo

Step UP: to bias, prejudice and discrimination
Have you ever seen a bias incident that made you uncomfortable but not known what to do? Step UP: Think. Care. Act. is an approach to help people learn how to take positive action to reduce harm. It's a reminder that your voice matters, and you have the power to show up and make a difference.
Program Goals
*         Increase knowledge of helping behaviors
*         Increase motivation to take action
*         Develop skills and confidence when responding to problems or concerns related to bias, discrimination, and prejudice.
*         Identify resources that are available to report issues of bias, discrimination, and harassment at Hubbard Brook
https://www.uvm.edu/health/stepup

The facilitators are Annie Valentine https://www.uvm.edu/health/profiles/annie-valentine-med and Jilliene Rodriguez https://www.uvm.edu/deanofstudents/profiles/jilliene_johnson_med

[Forest Service Shield]
Linda H. Pardo, PhD
Environmental Engineer
Forest Service
Northern Research Station
p: 802-656-1712
f: 802-656-8683
linda.pardo at usda.gov<mailto:linda.pardo at usda.gov>
81 Carrigan Dr., UVM Aiken Center, Room 204C
Burlington, VT 05401
www.fs.fed.us<https://www.fs.fed.us/>
[USDA Logo]<https://usda.gov/>[Forest Service Twitter]<https://twitter.com/forestservice>[USDA Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Forest-Service/1431984283714112>
Caring for the land and serving people