[HubbardBrookCOS] Hubbard Brook SCC election

Campbell, John - FS jlcampbell at fs.fed.us
Tue Mar 12 15:35:37 EDT 2019

Dear COS,

Thank you for submitting nominations for the open seat on the Hubbard Brook Scientific Coordinating Committee.  Pam Templer was the only person who accepted a nomination and has graciously agreed to serve another term.  Since Pam is the only candidate, we will forgo the on-line election.

Pam had strong reservations about serving another term because although she enjoys it, she has been on the committee for multiple terms and wants to give others an opportunity to contribute.  The entire SCC recognizes that new people bring new ideas and enthusiasm, which is critical to its success.  To that end, we would like to have a brief discussion at the April COS about how to encourage broader participation on the SCC, while at the same time maintaining continuity to ensure that it continues to function smoothly.
Please feel free to share any ideas, questions or concerns at the meeting or with me beforehand.  Thanks, John

[Forest Service Shield]

John Campbell, PhD
Research Ecologist

Forest Service