[HubbardBrookCOS] Hubbard Brook website

Sarah Garlick sgarlick at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Tue Oct 10 12:51:56 EDT 2017

Dear Members of the COS:

Thank you to everyone who has pitched in to make the launch of the new
Hubbard Brook website a success.

Now that we have the structure of the new website established, Mary Martin
and I need your help to populate the site with content.

There are three categories for dynamic content on the new site: News,
Events, and Research Highlights. The most recent articles with these three
tags show up on the home page of the website and all articles with these
tags are aggregated either on the “News and Events” page from the main menu
or the “Research Highlights” page under the “Research” tab in the main menu.

Here is a general guide for how we tag this content:

*Events*: Announcements about up-coming Hubbard Brook events.

*News*: Articles about Hubbard Brook research or researchers in the news,
articles about past events, job announcements, articles that are
time-sensitive.

*Research Highlights*: Articles that give overview descriptions of
individual research projects at Hubbard Brook. These should be written for
a general audience. If possible, these should also include images, contact
information for the PI, and related links to papers, news coverage, etc.
Once published, we can update these with new information as time goes by.

If you have questions or feedback about this organizational scheme, please
let us know.

*For this to work, we need your content!* Ideally we will have a Research
Highlight published for each project that is active at the Hubbard Brook
Experimental Forest. If you are the PI of an active or recent project at
Hubbard Brook, please send us:

   - a brief description of the project (e.g., summary statements published
   for NSF awards)
   - at least one photo to include with the article
   - contact info for where to receive more information.

Please also send us your news! If your research is picked up by a news
outlet, big or small, please send us a link so we can amplify on our
website and social media.

We will send out a monthly reminder via the listserv for new content.

Thank you,
Sarah Garlick
Mary Martin

--