[HubbardBrook] REGISTRATION OPENS SOON! Hubbard Brook Annual Cooperators' Meeting and Quarterly Project Meeting - July 10-12, 2024

Hazel Westney westneyh at caryinstitute.org
Tue Apr 9 15:07:48 EDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,

Happy Spring!  On Thursday (11th) you will receive your email invitation to
register for the Hubbard Brook Annual Cooperators' Meeting (July 10-11),
Quarterly Project Meeting (July 12), and related events.

The email will contain the links and information you need to register, sign
up for giving a talk, and reserve optional dormitory-style lodging through
Plymouth State University (PSU).

Please note that there are *some changes this year on the registration form
and with lodging at PSU*:

*Registration Form*

   - *Pronouns:*  Please enter your preferred pronouns under your name so
   that we can include them on your name badge.

   - *Talks Sign-up:*  We have changed the talks sign-up process.  Rather
   than offering the option to sign up to give a talk and provide details
   later (as in the past), we are requiring that you indicate your commitment
   by providing - *at the time of registration* - the information needed
   for inclusion in the two-day program.  A full abstract is no longer
   required.  Instead, we ask you to provide a *Working Title plus Keywords
   and/or a Short Description (2 to 3 sentences)*.  This information will
   be enough for shaping the schedule earlier on with more certainty of who
   the presenters will be.

*Lodging at Plymouth State University **

   - *Guest Room Temperature:*  PSU has taken seriously the feedback from
   our group about temperature control issues.  This year, guests in Merrill
   Place Residence Hall will have the ability to adjust the temperature
   (between 66 and 72 degrees) in individual rooms.

** **PSU is also aware that the Merrill Place Conference Center meeting
room can also be cold.  They will try to make adjustments there, as well,
but you may want to bring a sweater!*

Please be aware of these deadlines:

*June 7  *-  Deadline for registrations, payments, and talks
sign-up/information.

*June 24*  -  Deadline for optional lodging reservations at Merrill Place
Residence Hall, PSU.  (Online portal will close.)

Keep an eye out for the email invitation on Thursday.  Register early!  And
forward the email to those whom you think may not be on this Hubbard Brook
listserv.

Remember that, for catering and other planning purposes, *every attendee
must submit a separate registration form!   *

With thanks and best regards,
-Hazel

*Hazel Westney (she/her)*
*Assistant, **Hubbard Brook Long-term Ecological Research Project*
*Coordinator, Campus Housing Program*
*Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies*
*PO Box AB / **2801 Sharon Turnpike / **Millbrook NY 12545*
*845.677.7600 extension 171 / **westneyh at caryinstitute.org
<westneyh at caryinstitute.org>*
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I live along the Mahicannituck, the river that flows two ways, on ancestral
land of the Indigenous Muh-he-conneok and Munsee-Lenape people.