[HubbardBrook] Please provide your feedback! Draft Hubbard Brook land acknowledgment

Denise Burchsted dburchsted at keene.edu
Thu Sep 1 12:37:01 EDT 2022

Greetings all,

I am writing on behalf of the Indigenous Knowledge and Networking Committee to ask for your feedback on our proposed land acknowledgment.

Would you please complete our anonymous survey<https://keenestatecollege.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dioDmpROkofn6Au>? It is very short (7 questions) with opportunities to provide additional comments, if desired.

We have proposed this land acknowledgment to the Hubbard Brook Scientific Coordinating Committee (SCC). As they consider how an acknowledgement could be adopted and used, we all want to hear from everyone in the Hubbard Brook community. We would be very grateful for your assistance with this!

We also welcome direct feedback. You can contact me or any of the people on the cc line, which includes the folks who have been working in the IKN committee on the land acknowledgment as well as the chairs of the SCC. We will be grateful to hear your questions, concerns, kudos, etc.

We are also delighted to welcome new members to our committee, and everyone is invited. Four new members have joined us over the summer---Sue Pierre, Myron Huang, Ana Suppe, and Brendan Leonardi. The new tribal liaison with the White Mountain National Forest, Sarah Hankins, has also been meeting with us. You can reach out to me if you are interested in joining us as well.

Thank you very much for considering this survey, and we hope to receive your feedback soon!
    ~ denise

--

denise burchsted, PhD (she, her<https://www.diversitycenterneo.org/about-us/pronouns/>)
Lecturer, Environmental & Sustainability Studies

[cid:part1.qiY7zB1C.18lAdEND at keene.edu] Book a meeting with me: https://bit.ly/profburchsted
[cid:part2.Oo7p8qOI.nVKvGepc at keene.edu] 229 Main Street, MS 2001, Keene NH, 03435-2001
[cid:part3.ha8VJ8YM.OA0N0q35 at keene.edu] (603) 358-2176

I live and work in unceded territory of the Abenaki and their ancestors of over 12,000 years. I recognize and acknowledge their stewardship, in relationship with this Land, for millenia.

My writing follows the same rules for both of us: you and i.