[HubbardBrook] Lead at HBRF Facility

Anthea Lavallee alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Tue Jul 27 14:48:42 EDT 2021

Good afternoon, Hubbard Brook!

I’m writing to share news that, after beginning a painting/residing project
at our Mirror Lake Campus on Friday, lead paint was detected this morning
on the big green triplex.  All work has stopped, and we are now
coordinating with an expert to schedule a lead assessment.  Among older
homes in our region, it is not uncommon to find layers of lead paint, and
special care must be taken when repairing and maintaining these buildings.
We should have tested for lead before beginning the project, and I
apologize for that.  The health and safety of our community is our highest
priority.  After several conversations today with lead experts and health
professionals, we do not believe that our Mirror Lake residents are at
risk, but have reached out to people in the triplex about personal lead
testing and alternate housing if there are any concerns.

HBRF’s Board Chair Charley Driscoll is aware of the situation.  Charley has
knowledge of lead risks and would be happy to answer any questions you may
have by email:  ctdrisco at syr.edu

Of course, you should also feel free to contact me and/or Dan Clark
(copied) directly with any questions or concerns.

Please know that Dan and I are committed to resolving this issue - it is
our top priority.

Sincerely,
Anthea

--