[HubbardBrook] Invitation to July 10 art opening

Bailey, Scott -FS scott.bailey at usda.gov
Wed Jul 7 07:48:14 EDT 2021

Welcome to meeting week! Just a quick reminder that we have a special event this year which is live (not virtual). Rebecca Schultz<https://www.rebeccaschultzprojects.com/>, our 2020 artist in residence is exhibiting her work inspired by studies of Hubbard Brook bedrock and its role in supporting the ecosystem. The exhibit is at the Patricia Ladd Carega Gallery<https://www.patricialaddcaregagallery.com/calendar-2021.html> in Center Sandwich, NH. The opening will be this Saturday 5-7 PM with an artist's talk at 6 PM. Jenny Bower and I will speak briefly as we consider the intersection of art and science. Jenny will also have some samples and microphotographs of rock thin sections on display. Hope to see you there!

[Forest Service Shield]
Scott Bailey, PhD
Geologist
Forest Service
Northern Research Station
c: 603-484-5218
scott.bailey at usda.gov<mailto:scott.bailey at usda.gov>
234 Mirror Lake Road
North Woodstock, NH 03262
www.fs.fed.us<http://www.fs.fed.us/>
[USDA Logo]<http://usda.gov/>[Forest Service Twitter]<https://twitter.com/forestservice>[USDA Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Forest-Service/1431984283714112>
Caring for the land and serving people
I live and work in Pemijoasik, part of the territory of the Wabanaki people. I acknowledge the Wabanaki as the original people of  this land, their continuing presence and relationship with their territory, and the contributions that Indigenous knowledge can make in learning to understand and live sustainably with the land.