[HubbardBrook] Reminder: October COS TOMORROW

John BATTLES jbattles at berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 15 14:23:13 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

KEY REMINDERS: Our next COS meeting is *tomorrow, *Friday (October 16) from
10 AM - 2:30 PM Eastern Time.

Science Topic: Phosphorus. Format: Zoom. Agenda: Attached.

PLEASE READ DETAILS BELOW. We apologize for the long message.

Our next COS meeting is next Friday (October 16) from 10 AM - 2:30 PM
Eastern Time. Ruth Yanai and Melany Fisk have organized the science program
on the theme "*Proposing Research on Phosphorus for the LTER Renewal*."
Clara Chaisson will lead a session designed to advance our goals regarding
diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Hubbard Brook community. Finally we
will meet the new Forest Supervisor of the White Mountain National
Forest, Derek
Ibarguen. He will introduce himself to the COS.

Given the packed agenda, we will provide written updates on COS business
items.

The final agenda is attached.

The format is an online Zoom meeting. We have sent calendar invites to the
entire Hubbard Brook community. The link is below. Please DO NOT share the
Zoom link.

IMPORTANT NOTE: In an effort to improve security, Zoom now requires all
users to login to join the meeting. *So the convenient one click entry is
not available. *

If you have a Zoom account, just join via your calendar invite link or from
your Zoom interface.

If you do not have a Zoom account, you can login using your Google ID. You
can also sign-up for a free Zoom account.

The Zoom meeting will be open at 9:30 AM. Please allow time to troubleshoot
your entry. The Zoom host (Battles) can help (jbattles at berkeley.edu).
Federal employees in particular seem to have trouble navigating the login
given concerns about security.

Presenters, please also login early to practice sharing your screen. To
ensure a smooth meeting, please upload your presentation to the shared
drive (upload presentation
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sMyO5HRr9Posfw8gASlJ9YAb4UevGR7n?usp=sharing>).
In case you have internet connection problems, we can host your slides and
you can present via telephone.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week.

John and Christy (SCC co-chairs)

ZOOM LINK

Topic: HB COS Meeting October 16 2020

Time: Oct 16, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern (7:00 AM Pacific) Time

Join Zoom Meeting

https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/99694454568?pwd=Y0x4Y2lpY1NJWGx6eTdjSmpOUUJWdz09

Meeting ID: 996 9445 4568

Passcode: 041259

One tap mobile

+12133388477,,99694454568#,,,,,,0#,,041259# US (Los Angeles)

+16692192599,,99694454568#,,,,,,0#,,041259# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

        +1 213 338 8477 US (Los Angeles)

        +1 720 928 9299 US (Denver)

        +1 646 518 9805 US (New York)