[HubbardBrook] 2019 Hubbard Brook Cooperators Meeting Registration is Now Open

Templer, Pamela H ptempler at bu.edu
Wed May 15 22:20:41 EDT 2019

Dear Friends of Hubbard Brook,

We are happy to announce that registration is open for the 2019 Annual Cooperators’ Meeting to be held at Hubbard Brook on July 10-11, 2019.

The Annual Cooperators’ Meeting provides important opportunities for communication, exchange of ideas and research plans, and to form new friendships. This meeting also provides a perspective on the overall Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study. Meeting information and the online registration form are accessible from the main page of the Hubbard Brook website.<https://hubbardbrook.org/articles/july-10-11-2019-56th-annual-cooperators-meeting>

We look forward to kicking off the 2019 meeting with a storytelling event on Tuesday, July 9th at 7:30 pm. We hope you'll join us for “The Moss Storytelling Hour: Candid stories told by members of the Hubbard Brook Community.” This event is free and open to the public.

The deadline to register your presentation is Friday, June 7th.  The deadline for registering a presentation is quite firm. The registration deadline for attendees who are not presenting is Thursday, June 20th.

We continue to offer three options for presentations:

  *   2 minute, 1 slide only, “lightning” talks. These presentations may highlight a research result or contain announcements. Announcements of proposals or new research (no results yet) will only be accepted as lightning talks. These talks are strictly limited to one slide with no clicks or animation to pack in more content.
  *   5 minute talks (3 minute presentation with 2 minutes for questions): These are for in-progress research with data to report or for completed studies only.
  *   10 minute talks (8 minute presentation with 2 minutes for questions): These are also for in-progress research with data to report or for completed studies only.

We ask all speakers to avoid jargon and to provide background for all experiments and observational studies so that presentations are accessible to all attendees, including those that are new to Hubbard Brook. It may be impossible to accommodate all interested speakers because we do not hold concurrent sessions and speaking slots are limited. Thus, submitting a presentation about research conducted at other location(s) and with no clearly-stated relationship to the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study is discouraged. Further presentation guidelines and registration information are on the website<https://hubbardbrook.org/articles/july-10-11-2019-56th-annual-cooperators-meeting>.

Please feel free to forward this announcement to others.

We hope to see you in July!

Pam Templer and John Battles
Co-Chairs, Hubbard Brook Scientific Coordinating Committee (SCC)

Pamela Templer, PhD
Professor, Department of Biology
Director, PhD Program in Biogeoscience
Director, BU URBAN Program

Boston University, Department of Biology
5 Cummington Mall, Boston, MA 02215
617-353-6978
http://people.bu.edu/ptempler/
http://www.bu.edu/bio-geo/