[HubbardBrook] Hubbard Brook LTER mid-term review

Gary Lovett lovettg at caryinstitute.org
Wed Jun 12 16:11:15 EDT 2019

Dear Hubbard Brook colleagues:

As you probably know, NSF held its mid-term review of the Hubbard Brook
LTER project last week.   They just sent us their report and a summary
letter from the NSF program officer (attached).  As you can see, the
results of the review were very positive and complimentary to the project.
They identified a few research challenges (such as further work on
phosphorus availability to plants) and administrative challenges (such as
encouraging more representation from underserved groups) that should be the
subject of active discussion within the project in the coming months.  But
by and large, they think we are doing very well.

This positive result reflects the collective strength of the entire
project, not just the LTER.  Thanks to all of you for your contributions to
the Hubbard Brook team. And special thanks to those who participated in the
review and helped to make it a success.

Best regards,

Gary Lovett and Peter Groffman

*Gary M. Lovett, Ph.D.*

Senior Scientist

Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies

Box AB, 2801 Sharon Turnpike

Millbrook, NY 12545 USA

*Phone*   845-677-7600 x132

*Email    *LovettG at caryinstitute.org <LovettG at ecostudies.org>

*Website  *
http://www.caryinstitute.org/science-program/our-scientists/dr-gary-m-lovett

Check out our efforts to prevent importation of damaging forest pests!

https://www.caryinstitute.org/science-program/research-projects/tree-smart-trade

Twitter: @treeSMARTtrade <https://twitter.com/treeSMARTtrade?s=17>