[HubbardBrook] 2017 HBES cooperator meeting registration is now open

Bailey, Scott -FS swbailey at fs.fed.us
Thu May 4 16:11:53 EDT 2017

Dear Friends of Hubbard Brook:

I don't know how many people I have heard say that the cooperators' meeting is one of their favorite events all year. So it gives me great pleasure to announce that registration is now open for the 2017 Annual Cooperators’ Meeting, to be held at Hubbard Brook on July 12-13. Meeting information and the on-line registration form are accessible from the main page of the Hubbard Brook website, or directly at: http://hubbardbrook.org/events/coop_meetings/register/

Deadline for registration is June 2 for presentations and June 30 to attend the meeting without making a presentation. We expect to post the presentation schedule a month before the meeting. So the deadline for registering a presentation is quite firm.

We will continue to offer the options of 5 and 10 minute time slots (3 or 8 minute presentation with 2 minutes for questions). Presentations in 5 or 10 minute slots are for in-progress (data to report) or completed studies only. Please be aware that because we avoid concurrent sessions and limit the duration of the meeting, it may be impossible to accommodate all interested speakers. Hence, the SCC discourages presentations that are based on studies being done at other places with no clearly-stated relationship to the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study.

Back by popular demand, we are again offering a third presentation option for 2 minute, 1 slide only, pico or “lightning” talks. Pico talks may highlight a research result or contain announcements. Announcements of proposals or new research (no results yet) will only be accepted as pico talks. But please note a pico talk is not intended for lightning delivery of a research project. Pico talks are strictly limited to one slide with no clicks or animation to pack in more content. For those interested in suggestions for a successful pico talk (or if you'd like to push the concept to the limit and consider a Femto talk) see the reaction to an EGU pico session at http://errantscience.com/blog/2017/04/27/diary-of-a-conference-attendee-day-four-pico-talks-and-bowties/

Further presentation guidelines and registration information are on the website. Please feel free to forward this announcement. See you in July if not sooner!

- Scott