[HubbardBrook] Hubbard Brook social media and e-news

Erika Z eaz26 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 6 15:05:29 EDT 2016

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for the introduction Sarah. I have grown up visiting
Hubbard Brook, and I am excited to share all the news and insights from
this long term research site through social media and the email newsletter.
Anytime you have interesting posts or news, feel free to forward it to me
at eaz26 at cornell.edu. I look forward to working with all of you, and if you
have any questions just let me know!

Sincerely,
Erika

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Sarah Garlick <
sgarlick at hbresearchfoundation.org> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> As part of our mission to support Hubbard Brook science, the Hubbard Brook
> Research Foundation has been working with several PIs and graduate students
> to develop our collective capacity to communicate and engage with public
> audiences. We are pleased to now bring on board Erika Zambello of the
> science communication firm Terra Communications
> <https://terracommunications.org/> to help us enhance our outreach online.
>
> Erika and her team will be working with us on three platforms:
> • Twitter: @HubbardBrookNH <https://twitter.com/HubbardBrookNH>
> • Facebook: Hubbard Brook Research Foundation
> <https://www.facebook.com/hubbardbrooknh/>
> • A monthly email news digest
>
> For Twitter and Facebook, our goals are to share links and news about
> Hubbard Brook-related publications, events, and press, and to amplify posts
> made by Hubbard Brook researchers. We recognize that social media is not
> for everyone, but if you use either of these platforms, we invite you to
> follow us and tag us in your posts or use the hashtag #HubbardBrook. If you
> are new to these platforms or unfamiliar with social media, we are happy to
> provide one-on-one assistance to get you started with your own accounts.
> You may also find interest in this study
> <http://jmq.sagepub.com/content/91/4/772>showing that scientists’
> interactions with reporters and peers on Twitter can amplify the impact of
> their research.
>
> Our monthly email news digest is a pilot project informed by the Hubbard
> Brook Roundtable stakeholder dialogues we’ve convened over the past two
> years. From nearly all participants, we have heard the need for information
> about Hubbard Brook research to become more easily accessible. One of the
> mechanisms suggested by several stakeholders was to adapt the successful
> Northern Forest Center news digest
> <http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=64035c43bbccda0b7e13e4fa6&id=07793bc269&e=53dc67b26b>
> model for content related to Hubbard Brook.
>
> We invite your participation in these endeavors and we will be seeking
> your feedback as we go along. We will send out monthly reminders via the
> listserv to ask all of you to please share with us links to any new papers,
> press, or events. We will also be using a suite of Google alerts to capture
> the rest.
>
> Please know this is a work in progress and we will likely miss some papers
> and links. Please be in touch with us directly if you have comments,
> questions, or other ideas.
>
> Thank you.
> We look forward to seeing many of you soon during the Cooperators Meeting.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Sarah Garlick
> Director of Science Policy and Outreach
> Hubbard Brook Research Foundation
>
> Erika Zambello
> Founder
> Terra Communications
>
> Lindsey Rustad
> [...]

*Erika A. Zambello**Duke Nicholas School of the Environment, 2015*
M.E.M. Ecosystem Science and Conservation
*Cornell University, 2012*
B.A. Government, B.A. Anthropology
zambellophotography.com