[HubbardBrook] Hubbard Brook SCC election

Campbell, John - FS jlcampbell at fs.fed.us
Tue Jan 26 14:20:55 EST 2016

Dear COS members,

Nominations are now open for one at-large seat on the Scientific Coordinating Committee. All COS members are eligible to make nominations (self-nominations are welcome). All COS members who are not otherwise on the SCC are eligible to run for the at-large seat. At-large seats have a three year term and there are no term limits. The current memberships of the SCC and COS are listed below (let me know if you want to be removed from the COS list).

Please email nominations to me by Friday, February 12. I will check with nominees to make sure they are willing to serve.  An on-line election will follow. Thanks! John

What is the SCC?
The SCC provides vision and scientific leadership to the research program at Hubbard Brook.  Primary duties include fostering integration and synthesis across diverse projects, promoting interactions and communication among scientists, developing and coordinating partnerships with other organizations, and organizing meetings and events.  SCC members are expected to attend quarterly meetings that typically coincide with COS meetings.

SCC current membership, January 2016:
Pam Templer, at large, expires April 2016 (this is the position that will be open)
Lynn Christenson, at large, expires April 2017
John Battles, at large, expires April 2017
Melany Fisk, at large, expires April 2018.
Gary Lovett/Peter Groffman, LTER PI (no expiration)
John Campbell, appointed by FS team leader (no expiration)
David Sleeper, HBRF executive director (no expiration)
Ivan Fernandez, appointed by SCC as external advisor (no expiration)

COS current membership, January 2016:
Arthur, Mary
Asbjornsen, Heidi
Ayres, Matthew