[HubbardBrook] Registration Now Open - 2016 Hubbard Brook Coop. meeting

Bailey, Scott -FS swbailey at fs.fed.us
Thu Apr 21 13:34:29 EDT 2016

Dear Friends of Hubbard Brook:

Registration is now open for the 2016 Cooperators' Annual Meeting, to be held at Hubbard Brook on July 13-14. Meeting information and the on-line registration form are accessible from the main page of the Hubbard Brook website, or directly at: http://hubbardbrook.org/events/coop_meetings/register/

Deadline for registration is June 1 for presentations and June 29 to attend the meeting without making a presentation. We expect to post the presentation schedule a month before the meeting. So the deadline for registering a presentation is quite firm.

Last year we offered the option of 5 and 10 minute time slots (3 or 8 minute presentation with 2 minutes for questions). This option was quite popular and is available again this year. Presentations in 5 or 10 minute slots are for in-progress (data to report) or completed studies only. Please be aware that because we avoid concurrent sessions and limit the duration of the meeting, it may be impossible to accommodate all interested speakers. Hence, the SCC discourages presentations that are based on studies being done at other places with no clearly-stated relationship to the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study.

New this year, we are debuting a third presentation option for 2 minute, 1 slide only, "lightning" talks. Lightning talks may highlight research results and/or contain announcements. Presentations on proposals or new research (no results yet) will only be accepted as lightning talks. We hope these presentation options will allow us to accommodate all interested speakers and also have more time for discussion and informal networking.

Further presentation guidelines and registration information are on the website. Please feel free to forward this announcement. See you in July if not sooner!

-          Scott

[Forest Service Shield]

Scott W. Bailey, PhD
Research Geologist