[Crater-team] Fwd: LRO Slew Requirements Document - internal Review

Jody Wilson jkwilson at guero.sr.unh.edu
Wed Nov 4 12:31:13 EST 2020

Hi Harlan,

The restriction of seven slews per day of 5° or more, and one large slew
(>20°) per orbit, aren't new.   All of our slews will be large slews,
but we only do one slew per orbit anyways, so the latter restriction
isn't a problem.  During target-quiet periods when other instruments
don't need any slews, we could potentially get in several slews in a
single day.

Regarding all the checks that have to be done before a slew is approved
- the new added complexity supports our case of asking the MOT to just
fit in our simple fixed-angle horizon slews whenever the opportunity
presents itself, just like they do for pulser sequences and used to do
for the 90° cal slews.

-Jody

Jody Wilson
Space Science Center
University of New Hampshire
--
Portfolio: SIVR + EPGFX + EPBIX + EPDIX + EPVIX + EPEIX
Ag price target: 500 oz = average home price