[Crater-team] No CRaTER call today

Jody Wilson jkwilson at guero.sr.unh.edu
Wed Feb 5 11:06:51 EST 2020

Hi Mark,

When were the last times you both *failed* and *succeeded* in
connecting?    I had trouble connecting to crater-a and crater-b
yesterday morning, and I tried the works-more-often-than-not test of
rebooting my Windows 7 PC, and voila, I could connect again.

Last week crater-a suddenly started rebooting without being able to
fully start, and our IT guy had to swap one of crater-b's hard drive
into crater-a and then re-initialize the troubled drive for crater-b.
You may have to do the usual re-establishing secure credentials
*between* servers, but you should be able to make the first connection
from outside as always, and crater-science should be completely
unchanged, anyways.

On 2/5/2020 10:51 AM, Mark D Looper wrote:

> Hello—
>
> I was going to ask if we had a telecon whether anybody else was having
> trouble getting SSH and SFTP access to crater-a and crater-science
> from outside UNH.  When I try “ssh mlooper at crater-a.sr.unh.edu
> <mailto:mlooper at crater-a.sr.unh.edu>” or the other I get
> “ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer” and the
> session cuts off.  Is this just me, or are others affected, and is
> there a fix to be made?  I haven’t upgraded the OS, changed ISPs, or
> anything at this end.
>
> Thanks—
>
> --Mark
>
> Mark D. Looper
> Space Sciences Department
> The Aerospace Corporation
> M/S M2-260
> P.O. Box 92957
> Los Angeles, CA 90009-2957
> Mobile: 310-529-3406
> Voicemail: 310-336-6302
>
> Publications: https://www.loopers.org/curvitae.html
>
> *From: *Crater-team <crater-team-bounces at lists.sr.unh.edu> on behalf
> of "Smith, Sonya" <Sonya.Smith at unh.edu>
> *Date: *Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 5:07 AM
> *To: *"crater-team at lists.sr.unh.edu" <crater-team at lists.sr.unh.edu>
> *Subject: *[Crater-team] No CRaTER call today
>
> All,
>
> No CRaTER call today.  Harlan and I are at APL today.
>

> Best
>
> Sonya

Jody Wilson
Space Science Center
University of New Hampshire
--
Did you buy $ilver today?
Invest_Index = SLV + GDX + EPBIX + EPDIX