[Crater-team] PPTX about simulation results for (1) tilted lunar target surface and (2) varying GCR modulation

Mark D Looper mark.d.looper at aero.org
Wed Mar 13 03:28:31 EDT 2019

Hello--

	I was going to send the attached PPTX around before last week's telecon, but when that was canceled I decided to add to it before this week's telecon.  Between this, my Fall AGU poster, and Joe Mazur's ASEC 2017 talk, you will have pretty much the whole set of the plots and topics I intend to roll into the paper on the Geant4 simulations of lunar albedo.  We don't need to discuss this at length on the telecon if others need to use the time, but I wanted to show the most recent work, which supplements the results in the AGU poster about the effect of hydrogenation by considering the effects of surface tilt and changing solar modulation of the primary GCR source.

	With regard to the author list, I was planning to include the "usual suspects" (all the Co-I's, in particular) as on my AGU poster.  However, I do not plan to include any CRaTER observations in this paper, though I will refer to our previous papers for context (I plan to return to the data for my ASEC 2019 talk and my next paper).  I would value the input of all of you; but if you don't want to be dragged into something like this that exists only in Geant4 simulations, please let me know if it would be appropriate to pare down the list.  The only people I _absolutely_ have to have are myself and Joe Mazur, since I'm tapping his ASEC 2017 comparison of CRaTER simulations with other satellites' neutron and gamma observations to bolster confidence in those simulations.

Many thanks--
--Mark Looper

Mark D. Looper
Space Sciences Department