[Zaphod-Users] disk space

Kai Germaschewski kai.germaschewski at unh.edu
Mon Oct 31 12:24:03 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Fekete, Balazs M. wrote:

> I don't think, the quote is enforced since my current disk use is
> 15Gbyte. Let me know if it is a problem, please tell me, where should I
> put my data. Perhaps, 15GByte limit might be reconsidered given the
> 2.6TByte that is available for /home.

Actually, the soft quota is 10GB, the hard quota is 20GB. You can exceed
your soft quota for a maximum of 7 days, but the system will never let
you exceed your hard quota.

The idea about the relatively small quota on /home is to give the user an
"incentive" to actually use the storage filesystems instead of just
dumping everything into one's home directory.

The command "quota" will let you know how you're doing on your quota.

--Kai