[Zaphod-Users] Re: gvim, ncview

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Oct 19 11:03:59 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 10:11 -0400, Fekete, Balazs M. wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I would like to ask you (if it is ok with zaphod investigators and
> administrators) to install gvim and ncview on zaphod. I don't know if
> ncview (which is a NetCDF visualization tool form
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/) is available as rpm from other sources.
> You can find the source codes (ncview-1.92e.tar.gz) in my home directory
> on zaphod.
>
> Thanks
>
> Balazs

Balazs,

I installed gvim from the distribution. The policy for software installs
is pretty straight forward. If it's generally needed, it can be
installed in /usr/local. ncview seems to be a less generally used
software package so for now, installing it in your home directory would
be the best solution. If demand increases, we can look into installing
it in /usr/local.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |