[Zaphod-Users] Myri nodes

Fekete, Balazs M. balazs.fekete at unh.edu
Fri Oct 14 21:55:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

What is the maximum myri nodes that could be requested? I managed to
compile and run the river model component of the GFDL Earth System
Model. When I tried to run it with the usual small number of CPUs I used
for my test runs, it worked. When I asked for 40 nodes and with 1
process on each, it failed to establish communications with some CPUs. I
noticed that the nodes assigned to my task seemed to be mixed (if the
node name reflect ethernet or myrinet communication). I also figured
that we had two CPUs on each node, so I should be running 20 nodes with
two processes on each, so I tried "nodes=20:ppn=2:myri" which hanged
forever. Perhaps, I should be patient, or simply there is no 20 nodes
with myrinet.

Thanks

Balazs

Balazs M. Fekete                E-mail: balazs.fekete at unh.edu
Water Systems Analysis Group
Complex Systems Research Center
Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space
University of New Hampshire     Phone: (603) 8620270
Morse Hall, Durham NH 03824     Fax: (603) 8620587