[Zaphod-Users] hello test

Kai Germaschewski kai.germaschewski at unh.edu
Wed Oct 12 15:00:48 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Fekete, Balazs M. wrote:

> I followed the "Run an MPI Job" instructions to test the short hello
> program. Everything works fine except the standard out looks as follows:
>
> node 0/1 (n119)
> node 0/1 (n119)
> node 0/1 (n118)
> node 0/1 (n107)
> node 0/1 (n105)
> node 0/1 (n118)
> node 0/1 (n107)
> node 0/1 (n105)
>
> indicating that my helloKai program was invoked in three copies, but
> neither of them saw the others (since each process had 0 rank and saw
> only one CPU). Any suggestion, what am I missing.

This is because your code is compiled for ethernet (mpich/p4), but run as
if it were to run using Myrinet.

mpiexec --comm=mpich-p4 -mpich-p4-no-shmem hello

is what's needed for running an p4 compiled code. (It's mentioned in that
"run an mpi job" page, I believe). By the way, those doc pages are
editable for everyone, so feel free to fix / extend them.

--Kai