[Zaphod-Users] job hanging in que

Kai Germaschewski kai.germaschewski at unh.edu
Wed Nov 30 14:44:33 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Matt Fearon wrote:

> Just wondering why my job just hangs in the que and does not get
> executed? I have submitted this same script in the past and they have
> started almost immediately, especially since I have requested ethernet
> nodes. Any thoughts why this might be?

There aren't enough ethernet nodes available at this time. In fact, we are
in the rare situation where we have a lot more myrinet than ethernet nodes
available. So if you resubmit the job on the Myrinet nodes, it should
start right away. (You don't need to change anything else, an ethernet-MPI
job will run fine on Myrinet nodes, just not vice versa)

--Kai