[Zaphod-Users] MPE, upshot/nupshot/jumpshot, && mpi[exec,run]

tom fogal tfogal at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Mon Dec 12 19:57:58 EST 2005

I'm trying to get the MPE library working so I can examine the
performance of a parallel program.   Has anyone else tried this or
gotten it to work?

For those unfamiliar, basically you just need to recompile your
application with '-mpilog', and then execute it 'as normal' [1].  I'm a
little concerned though because 'as normal' involves mpirun in their
instructions.

I'm not seeing the output I'm expecting to, and I'm guessing its
because mpirun does things with the '-mpilog'-compiled application that
mpiexec does not.  Is there any way to make things work via mpirun, so
I can at least test to see if that is the issue?

I'm using 'mpich/p4/1.2.7' if that matters.

-tom

[1]
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/perfvis/software/viewers/jumpshot-2/node11.html