[Wsag-modelers] Merrimack Model Runs

Alexander Prusevich alex.proussevitch at unh.edu
Tue Dec 16 11:16:30 EST 2014

Hi Shan,

Sure, no problem on my side. I am running many crontab jobs on merrimack
(mostly data mining), plus it is our prime WSAG Web server (usually not that
much traffic through it). But running your jobs should be OK. Usually the
bottleneck on a server performance, while running multiple jobs, are not
limited by CPU count, but by disk read/write bandwidth and physical I/O
speed. That may slow it down a lot, if your jobs doing a lot of I/O.

Hope it helps,
-Alex P.